Not everybody wants to have a funeral service, it may be a personal wish or instruction left to the family of the deceased. When this is asked for and a cremation is specified then this is known as a direct cremation. A direct cremation is when your loved one is cremated and there is no funeral service to take place. The cremation is carried out without any family attendance, just the funeral director with his staff and the crematorium chapel attendant this usually happens either first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon.
Whilst we are sure there are other options available as a family business we have extremely high standards to maintain.
Our direct cremation service includes the following…
- 1. The local removal of your loved one from their place of death 24hours. With no extra charges for outside of business hours
- 2. We will always use our hearse and not an alternative funeral vehicle.
- 3. We will always use four members of staff so that your loved one can be taken into the chapel at the crematorium in a respectful and dignified way.
- 4. We will always use a simple and dignified wooden veneered coffin which can be viewed closed in the chapel of rest if required. (should a large outsize coffin be required there may be an additional charge)
- 5. We always pay the crematorium fee and doctor's fees (if required) on your behalf.
- 6. We can arrange a simple floral tribute to go with your loved one should you wish. This can be added to the price below. There is no administration charge for this.
- 7. We will always collect your loved ones ashes from the crematorium if required. There is no extra charge for this.
Everything will be carried out with our utmost respect and dignity as if you would be attending the cremation.
Our DIRECT CREMATION SERVICE is a fixed price of £1995.00